Media relevant to SF #2: Bad Translations
* “After Babel,” George Steiner
* “Making Sense of Japanese: What the Textbooks Don’t Tell You,” Jay Rubin
* “The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle,” Haruki Murakami (translated by Jay Rubin)
* “The Art of Translation,” Ranjit Bolt
* “The Art of Translation,” Rosanna Warren
* “Pierre Menard, author of the Quixote,” Jorge Luis Borges (short story)
* “Provincializing Europe: Postcolonial Thought and Historical Difference,” Dipesh Chakrabarty
* Lost in Translation (Sofia Coppola, 2003)
…sorry everyone, I may be spamming a bit this week because the first episode of my podcast will be available this week. I’ll try to keep it to a bearable minimum, but please know that, in addition to merely shameless self-promotion, I’m really excited about and proud of this project.
Also, take note: while you can subscribe in iTunes with the link above, it will be at least a few more days before the podcast is listed in the iTunes directory.
Thanks for your patience.